Care Information Resources
Dr Koop http://www.drkoop.com/reviews/index.asp
Health Information concerning treatment, cures, prevention,
diagnosis, risk factors, research, support groups, email lists, personal
stories and much more.
New York Online Access to Health
Foundation of America
Brain Disorders Network / Index
Mental Health Net - PsychJournalSearch
Mental Health Net
Mental Health Resources
and immunology together
Research Society - organization for researchers in a number of scientific
and medical disciplines who are interested in interactions between the nervous
and immune systems, and the relationship between behavior and health.
Research at the Institute of Psychology - located at Aurhus University.
Cancer Center - offering
psychoneuroimmunology, books and mind-body cancer
Support Programme - cancer support, psychoneuroimmunology using
mind-body control to cure your disease.
Back to top
of the Corpus Callosum
- A huge mass of fibers interconnect the two hemispheres of
the human brain. Called the corpus callosum, the structure is missing in some
persons. This site contains abstracts of hundreds of articles written on the
subject in the 1990's.
- privately funded research organization exploring
human-dolphin interaction and the neurological impact of contact.
Behavioral Model of Visual Perception and Recognition
- provides access to a database of brain functional
information derived from human brain mapping research.
Web: Neurobiology, Psychophysics, and Behavior
- neurobiology, psychophysics, and behavior. Exploring how
tastes, smells, and pheromones are received, perceived, and then translated
into responses and actions.
- suggest that astrocytes are important to brain functions.
- the Web edition of the neuroanatomy coursebook used by
first-year medical students at the University of Wisconsin Medical School.
- includes databases of, and querying tools for, the full
range of information about the brain and behavior, as well as technologies for
such information to be managed, integrated, and shared over networks.
View of Brain Functions
- information on brain chemistry.
- A unique article about Lymbic Psychoses and a fragment of
the work that Dr. Luis Pando has published in his latest book.
Neurology - Neurology Web-Forum
- start an interactive, online discussion about various
- practical guide to the technique of microiontophoresis
employed in neuroscience research.
of the Baroreceptor Vagal Reflex
Interacting Populations of Biological Neurons
of Orientation Selectivity in the Visual Cortex
the Respiratory Rhythmogenesis
- human motor control and motor learning modelled with
artificial neural networks (in German).
of Hippocampus in Incipient Alzheimer's Disease
- thesis by Mikko Laakso.
- provides information on clinical, diagnostic criteria and
epidemiology of inherited neuromuscular disorders as well as on current
- adult neurology: migraine headache, stroke, seizures,
parkinsonism, back pain, managed care, consultation, brain, spinal cord,
nerves. Aids for patients and doctors.
- online resource targeted at neurologists, currently covering
dementia, stroke, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. Registration required.
- a database offering clinical case consultation, access to
electronic journals, image database, and more.
and their Growth Cones
- study of developing and regenerating nerve cells. Timelapse
movies of axons growing in the developing retina are provided.
- clinical MRI of the brain atlas, Center for Minimally
Invasive Therapy, including new treatments for advanced head and neck cancer.
- designed for medical students but suitable for the general
public as well. Created by the Washington University School of Medicine.
Internet Resource Guide
- electronic journal for neurobiologists engaged in research
in the area of neurotrophic factors.
- explores in detail the current status of our understanding
of olfaction (smell) and the possible molecular interactions that specify
- the study of brain endocasts of extinct vertebrates. An
endocast is a casting for which the cranial cavity serves as a mold.
- technical information on single channel recording. Includes
information on methods, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- causes, general guidelines for treatment, clinical
modules/case studies and links.
Unity, and Energy
- dedicated to realizing and explaining the human potential.
- support the sharing of information between users of the
GENESIS neural simulator, and topics of general interest to the Computational
American: Debunking the Digital Brain
- individual neurons contribute to the brain's unmatched
Hearing, and Smelling the World
- articles and illustrations present new information about our
senses and how they work.
History of the Lobotomy
- history of the psychosurgical procedure that became known as
the 'Ice Pick Lobotomy' and its obsessive pioneer, Dr. Walter Freeman.
- popular science articles on the question: how does the brain
store the mind?
Neurosurgical Information Resource
- user-directed interactive databank dedicated to improving
access to the best neurosurgical care for the international patient and
Research & Development - dedicated to the study of dolphin human
interaction effects and therapeutic application of such interactions.
Epidural Addition to Percutaneous Discectomy Outcomes Group - randomized
clinical trial assessing percutaneous discectomy as an alternative to
conventional discectomy as the first surgical procedure in patients with
lumbar disc herniation.
Project - working to accelerate research on repairing the myelin of the
central nervous system.
and Neurosciences Links
Web-Forum [Mass. General Hospital] - an interactive, online discussion
about various Neurology-related topics.
for Kids - created for elementary and secondary school students and
teachers who would like to learn more about the nervous system. Enjoy the
activities and experiments.
Oliver - official site of the neurologist-writer. Contact information,
news, and links.
Brain Project - overall goal is to catalyze the integrated development of
experiment and modeling in the neuroscience community.
Back to top
Learning and Memory links
Cognition as Compression - describes the idea that a primary function of perception,
learning and thinking is compression of information.
Sciences Eprint Archive - CogPrints collects papers in areas of
psychology, neuroscience, linguistics, computer science, philosophy, and
biology pertinent to the study of cognition.
Cognitive Science Discussion List - archives, subscription information,
guidelines, and links to various related mailing lists.
- an interactive site and discussion list for philosophers and cognitive
scientists excited and puzzled by the mind.
and Neuroscience - written by Francis Crick and Christof Koch.
Chalmers' Consciousness Page - foundational issues in cognitive science,
consciousness, mental content, artificial intelligence, and more.
Information, and Cognitive Principles of Dynamic Representations - by Kai
X. Miao. Basic cognitive principles of how the human mind conceives of
Cognition in the Human Brain - presents a model of the way human cognition
is implemented in the brain, and a discussion of current problems in cognitive
psychology. Strong emphasis on neurobiological realistic view.
- from the Exploratorium. Explores the biological, psychological, and cultural
aspects of memory, from personal experiences to breakthroughs in cognitive
Encyclopedia of Cognitive Sciences (MITECS) - comprehensive reference work
that represents the methodological and theoretical diversity of the cognitive
Brain: The Frontier Within - information about the mind, including
research briefs, mental tools, and more.
of Alberta Cognitive Science Dictionary
of Helsinki, Finland@
All major brain disorders disscussed
to Dual Diagnosis: Mental Health and Addiction
How to Get Help
Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
Health Insurance and Mental Health Services
Medicare Plans by State
Stress can be good
Stress management Panic/Anxiety Disorders
Alternative Healthcare Index
Age Alternative Health Care
Alternative Medicine Page
Bower's Complementary Medicine Home Page
Hypnosis, Meditation, and Cancer
- Treatment and Prevention using Biological Medicines
for Empirical Medicine
http://cancer.med.upenn.edu/disease/general/ General Information about Cancer
and The Immune System
Consciousness on WWW - Healing Methods
Viruses - AIDS and Ebola - Nature, Accident or Intentional?
Information on Common Skin Diseases